As part of government’s crime prevention efforts, SIM cards must be registered in compliance with the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act (RICA). Have your TRACE Mobile SIM card registered with a TRACE Mobile agent or at any participating retail outlet as soon as you’ve bought it. All you need is your ID (or ID card, temporary ID or passport) and proof of residence (e.g., levy statement or electricity bill).
PORT TO TRACE MOBILE AND KEEP YOUR NUMBER
You will need to:
• 140 — FREE FROM A TRACE MOBILE PHONE
• 0861 000 117 — FROM ANY OTHER PHONE
Our fabulously friendly agents are available from:
• Monday to Friday: 9am – 5:30pm;
• Saturdays: 8am – 1:30pm
• Closed on Sundays and Public holidays
All you need is :
• Your ID (ID card, temporary or passport)
• Your proof of residence (e.g. levy statement or electricity bill)
• Delivery address
The TRACE Mobile sim cards can be purchased at participating retailers and at our headquarters in Rosebank. Click here to access our store locator
Airtime Recharge Bundles
An airtime recharge voucher has the airtime value and Recharge PIN number printed on the voucher.
Till Slip Airtime Recharge Vouchers
Available from a participating retailer. The Recharge PIN and value of the voucher is printed on a till slip.
Recharge from either an ATM or with Internet Banking using any of the following banks: ABSA, Nedbank, FNB and Standard Bank
You can recharge using any of the below ways:
• TRACE Mobile App > go to the Balances screen.
• Banking Recharges > Recharge from either an ATM or with Internet Banking using any of the following banks: ABSA, Nedbank, FNB, Capitec and Standard Bank. You can purchase airtime from any outlet that sells Cell C airtime.
• Purchase a Cell C Recharge voucher, and dial *102*voucherpin#.
There are several ways to check your balance:
1. TRACE Mobile App > Check balances
2. USSD > Dial *101# OR Dial *140#
3. Call 140 > Dial 140 & speak to an agent.
If your SIM card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can purchase a new TRACE Mobile starter pack from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
Purchase a new TRACE Mobile starter pack but do not RICA, from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
1. Go to any participating retailer and request a SIM Swop.
2. Dial 0861 000 117 OR 140 & speak to an agent.
Wait for at least 2 hours before inserting the new SIM card into your cellphone.
Dial 144 from your TRACE Mobile SIM to listen to your voice messages.
TRACE Mobile is an MVNO: Mobile Virtual Network Operator – we operate independently however we utilise Cell C infrastructure.
LOST YOUR SIM? GET YOUR NUMBER BACK
1. Buy a TRACE Mobile SIM card -no RICA required
2. Call Customer Care on 0861 000 117