You can recharge using any of the following ways:
- Recharge via the TRACE App in your ‘Airtime and Data’ screen using either your bank card or EFT method.
- Purchase a Cell C airtime voucher and dial *102*voucherpin#
- Banking Refills> Recharge from or with Internet Banking using any of the following banks: ABSA, Nedbank, ETF, Capitec and Standard Bank. You can purchase Cell C airtime but not Cell C data bubdles.
Airtime Refill Bundles
An airtime refill voucher has the airtime value and PIN refill printed on the voucher.
Till Slip Airtime Refill Vouchers
Available from a participating retailer. The PIN and Value Recharge is printed on a slip.
ABSA, Nedbank, FNB and Standard Bank Recharge from or with Internet Banking using any of the following banks
There are two ways to buy data:
- Buy Data via the TRACE App in your ‘Airtime and Data’ screen. Select which data bundle you would like to buy, pick which method you would like to pay through (EFT or bank card) and you’re good to go!
- USSD -> Purchase a Cell C airtime voucher and recharge your account, then dial *140# and select option 2 to convert your airtime into data.
There are several ways to check your balance:
1. TRACE Mobile App > Check balances
2. USSD > Dial *101# OR Dial *140#
3. Call 135 > Dial 135 & speak to an agent.
If your SIM card has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can purchase a new TRACE Mobile starter pack from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
Purchase a new TRACE Mobile starter pack but do not RICA, from participating outlets and follow these easy steps:
1. Go to any participating retailer and request to SIM Swop.
2. Dial 0861 000 117 OR 140 & speak to an agent.
Wait for at least 2 hours before inserting the new SIM card into your cellphone.
Dial 132 from your TRACE Sim to listen to your voice messages
- Self Rica your TRACE Mobile Sim in less than 2 minutes
- Redeem Lifestyle Rewards
- Buy Airtime and Data
- Check your Airtime and Data Balance
- Enter Exclusive Competition
- Transfer Airtime to other TRACE Mobile users
To check your New TRACE Mobile Number, dial * 177177 #
TRACE Mobile is an MVNO: Mobile Virtual Network Operator
#NEVEREXPIRE is a concept we live by, which offers you innovative features such as:
- #NEVEREXPIRE data means that the data has no expiry date. Any amount of data you buy from us will be available as long as your SIM card is active with us. As you use it, it will be depleted.
- #NEVEREXPIRE content means that there will always be new content on our Online Services for you to look at, usually in our TRACE Play app which you can link to through your TRACE App.
- #NEVEREXPIRE rewards mean that we offer you discounts and special offers on partner products and services, on an ongoing basis, which you can access via the Rewards page in the app.
TRACE Mobile is one of South Africa’s newest Mobile networks, which offers you prepaid, SIM-based access to services including airtime, data, SMS, and a vast range of other cool benefits.
Our Services are available in South Africa only, but not limited to South African citizens or residents. However, you will need to pass the ‘RICA’ process to get a sim card. Read up more about this on our website in our Terms and Conditions page.
RICA is a legal process in South Africa which requires a person to confirm their identity before we can release a SIM to them. We are bound to follow this process under South Africa law; The Regulation of Interception of Communications Act 70 of 2002; as well as any other applicable legislation.
Trace Mobile has partnered with smart logistics company Pargo to supply you with a convenient way to pick up your Trace Mobile SIM card.
Trace Mobile SIM cards can be collected at selected Pargo Pick-up Points, including 540 Clicks stores. From time to time, we will add new collection points, and these will be advised on our Online Services on our website.
Jump in and flex on Whatsapp for just R1! Get 50MB of Whatsapp data for only R1, all you need to do is buy a bundle in your ‘Airtime & Data’ screen. (Offer limited to 10 bundles a month and excludes video calls and voice calls)
Rewards will be available to use once you have recharged with the minimum amount each month that shows at the top of your rewards screen, as well as in the T&C’s. Check your inbox after redeeming a reward to see more details about that reward.
Once you have a TRACE Mobile sim card, the VIP black card will appear with your name on it in your Profile page. You may use this card to redeem your exclusive rewards that refer to the use of this VIP black card.
To enter a competition on the app, all you need to do is click on the ‘click to enter’ button located at the bottom of the competitions screen. Who knows? You just could be our next BIG winner.
Download the TRACE Play app in your app store and it will automatically log you in if you have logged into the TRACE App as a TRACE Mobile subscriber. You are now ready to watch and listen to the best of TRACE content.
As a TRACE Mobile customer, you get unlimited access to the best Afro-Urban entertainment which includes & live TV channels, 30+ curated playlists covering the various urban & afro-urban genres, original TV shows, movies & much more.
Simply go to your TRACE App homepage and swipe left to see new rewards, competitions and TRACE Play content or new data offers.
Simply purchase a new TRACE Mobile sim card and call our Customer Care line on 0861000117 from any SA network or dial 135 from your registered TRACE Mobile sim card.